Originally designed for use in business to demonstrate concepts and record meetings, they have become very useful and cost-effective in classrooms. An interactive board is a presentation tool that allows computer images to be displayed onto a board using a digital projector. The presenter can then manipulate the elements on the board by using his or her finger as a mouse, directly on the screen. Items can be dragged, clicked and copied and the presenter can handwrite notes, which can be transformed into text and saved.
Examples of the features available when using an interactive whiteboard:
- Edit via fingertip or whiteboard pen.
- Connect your PC or Mac device.
- Pair with Savin devices for video conferencing and big screen projection.
- Share information onsite or remotely.
- Customize presentations in real time.
- Use PIN codes to invite remote participants and protect information.